CHOICE EMPOWERS SERVICES LLC
“supports people to eliminate hindrances to a good quality of life, promote inclusion, independence, individuality and increased opportunities for self-determination”
OFFICE OF LONG-TERM LIVING (OLTL)
Choice Empowers provides services through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of Long-Term Living Home and Community Based Waivers:
1. OBRA Waiver
2. Act 150 Program
3. Community HealthChoices- CHC
***Choice Empowers is contracted with all three PA Managed Care Organizations (MCO)
Personal Assistance Services:
Personal Assistance Services are aimed at assisting the individual to complete tasks of daily living that would be performed independently if they had no disability, for example, non-medical personal care (eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene), general household activities/chores (light housekeeping tasks, preparing meals, grocery shopping, laundry), cueing to prompt the participant to perform a task, and assisting a functionally impaired individual who cannot be safely left alone;
• Health maintenance activities provided for the participant, such as bowel and bladder routines, ostomy care, catheter, wound care and range of motion as indicated in the individual’s service plan;
• Routine wellness services to enable adequate nutrition, exercise, keeping of medical appointments and all other health regimens related to healthy living activities;
• Overnight Personal Assistance Services provide intermittent or ongoing, awake, overnight assistance to a participant in their home for up to eight hours. Overnight Personal Assistance services require awake-staff; and
• Chore services needed to maintain the home in a clean, sanitary and safe environment, such as washing floors, windows and walls, and tacking down loose rugs and tiles.
Community Integration Services are services designed to assist individuals in acquiring, retaining, and improving self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside in the community. Community integration services and related training enable the recipient to plan for and engage in meaningful adult activities including domestic and leisure activities. Community integration can include cues, on-site modeling of behavior, and/or supervision to assist the consumer in maintaining maximum independent functioning.
Home Based Respite:
Respite services are provided to support individuals on a short-term basis due to the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing care. Respite Services are provided to individuals in their own home, or the home of relative, friend, or other family. Respite services may be provided by a relative or family member as long as the relative or family member is not a legal guardian, power of attorney, or reside in the home. Respite services are services provided to individuals unable to care for themselves; furnished on a short-term basis because of the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing the care. Respite services consist of temporary services offered to consumers in their homes to relieve family members and other persons who normally provide care. Respite services may be delivered in an individual’s home, or place of residence, Medicaid certified ICF/ORC, licensed respite facility, or other community care residential facility approved by the state that is not a private residence. Respite services may also be delivered in a relative or friend’s home if the consumer’s home is not available. Respite services may include overnight care and services which a family member or other would perform if they were present. This may include bathing, dressing, eating, housekeeping, and participating in community activities
***Choice Empowers does not own or operate a licensed respite facility.